Wednesday 10 July 2019

What's New


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.” Romans 15:13

  As the reno date draws near, there have been a considerable amount of things to accomplish which is why I have been remiss in posting these last couple of days. My focus simply wasn’t on writing.

  The pathway leading to the side door has been demolished. A task that was far more tiring than when I put it in. (Smile.) But, then, I was ten years younger. A big, decorative hunk of granite that weighs at least a hundred pounds has been left for when the excavator comes. (Another smile.) It had been moved into place by yours truly a decade ago. All the plants and topsoil have been removed from the gardens on that side. It was rather amazing how many wheelbarrow loads it took! Although, they too were smaller than the ones I hauled the dirt in with ten years ago.
  It was one of those hot, sweaty, and dirty jobs that makes having a shower when it’s done extra enjoyable.
  The kitchen stuff in the cupboards is down to bare bones. All that remains to pack is what I need to cook and eat with.
  I am becoming more and more excited and can’t wait for things to begin!
  For someone who doesn’t enjoy shopping very much, wandering around a hardware store looking at a variety of things like toilets, door hardware, light fixtures, and a sundry of other home related products is fun! Maybe it’s the smell of sawn wood that creates a wholesome, hopeful aroma.
  Smell is an amazing catalyst for memories to rise up from the depths. When I was little, I would accompany my dad on shopping trips for whatever home reno project he had on the go. There was always something being re-made, re-built or improved. The fragrance of newly cut wood always reminds me of these trips with Dad in his button-down plaid work shirt and bolo tie. T-shirts had no place in his wardrobe even if the trip to the hardware store was to only buy more nails.
  Being triggered by a scent isn't always a bad thing at all.

  The nesting Mourning Dove has surprised me. Here I thought she was still sitting on eggs when I spied two juvenile fledglings all of a sudden ready to go. It seemed that she never left the nest even when it was crowded. The little ones, still a little bit fluffy, with spotted feathers, were wandering around my patio this morning. It’s nice to see. I suppose the male had fed the lot or she only left the nest when I wasn’t spying on the events in the pine tree. Did she know when the car left there would be ample privacy for her to do whatever lady doves do?
  Some amazing things happen when we aren’t looking. Some amazing things happen even when we are looking! But looking and seeing aren’t the same things at all.

  I know this hasn’t been much of an exploration of scripture this morning but God knows my brain is busy. I am thankful that, despite the flurry of busy-ness, my anxiety hasn’t gotten out of control.  It’s rather amazing and a reflection of how much my trust in the Lord has grown lately. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...