Thursday 11 July 2019

More Decisions


  “I, the Lord, define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar, but they can never pass the boundaries I set.” Jeremiah 5:22

  I wasn’t expecting to find this passage highlighted in blue which means this passage is directly connected to the life of Jesus. This passage was chosen because it contained the word, “sandy.” Why “sandy?”  Because I have spent the last three weeks with countless paint samples from different companies taped to the wall trying to find the perfect colour of sand.
  It made me smile because I had laughingly given my mom a hard time when it took her over six months to choose a cream colour for their home. It has never taken me so long to pick a colour but  what I thought was a nice sand colour in the store can turn pink in the sunlight (ew) or a darker one turns a dirty, flat green in the night (ick); when beige goes gray on a cloudy day (blah)…so much can influence the colour of sand.
  Finally the choices are narrowed down to two which is way better than thirty! They are almost identical but one is a touch warmer with a hint of sunshine to it. It might have been an easier choice if I had used the black sand beaches of New Zealand as my colour palette. Not. Although black does have a place in home décor. (Now doesn’t that sound all designer-y. Smile.)
  Why is this so important? Because I have chosen a sand coloured Florida sea shell to be my colour guide for all the renos, aiming for an Algonquin park, northern beach get-a-way feel to the house without a smidgen of pink anywhere in sight. Except for the floral patterned chair in my living room, a sentimental piece. It has splashes of pink but I can live with it because the chair was a special gift. I might even go so far as to admit I like it!
 
  I have to copy this Scripture passage out so that every time I look at the walls I will remember the infinite power and majesty of God. So I will remember the strength that comes from faith. I will also remember and celebrate the infinite variety of colours sand can be.
  The next time I am at a beach I will scoop up a handful of sand and marvel at the millions of colours held in the palm of my hand. God does everything far and beyond the limits of my human expectations. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...