Tuesday 2 April 2019

God's Provision part 2


    “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and He will give you everything you need.” Luke 12:31

  It feels like a lifetime since I’ve sat and done a post. The last couple of days have been filled with a great deal of travelling, the pleasure of the symphony, and shopping in order to make choices about what I want the kitchen and bath to look like.
  Several months ago I spent a few hours in one of the big box hardware stores, snapping pictures of what I liked. These ideas have percolated in the back of my mind since then. Yesterday’s shopping trip saw things come into focus. For the most part, I have a clear idea of what I want except for some finishing details like tile choices.
  It’s all good. I can’t wait to see this vision come together even though it is several months away. Folks, bear with me as I use this forum to brainstorm on occasion.
 
  Meanwhile, life goes on.
  And there is much to be thankful for.
  My friend H, who came with me yesterday, was a tremendous help in navigating unfamiliar areas and unfamiliar stores. Nowhere near what was accomplished would have been possible had I been on my own. I would have been completely overwhelmed.
  Google Maps and the GPS lady were a huge help in finding another store neither of us had been to.
  Time spent on busy highways was blessed with a safe drive.
  The car didn’t break down but I noticed one of my headlights is out; a quick fix that can be seen to later today.
  The shopping trip I thought was necessary for today happened yesterday so the day is free. I will be rested up enough to go to home church tonight. There is also time to watch the teaching I missed Sunday because of the symphony.
  Sunday’s landscapes were beautiful beyond imagining. The previous night’s snow had melted but with the cold, arctic air blasting through, the melt water was turned to ice. Every tree, every branch, shimmered in the light of a setting sun.
  This list of things to be thankful for could go on forever.
  But most of all, I am thankful for God’s provision so that I can travel and shop and improve my home. I am thankful that Jesus made this possible. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...