Friday 26 April 2019

This Might be Disturbing


   A long pause.

  I don’t seem to be getting anywhere this morning. It’s one of those mornings following a night of disquieting dreams. Something about a haunted bedroom and an un-stuffed teddy bear woke me up a couple of times. It was disturbing seeing the pile of plush fabric which I knew was the bear lying flattened and twisted on the bed.
  Making teddy bears means I’ve seen them like this because this is what they look like before they are stuffed. I have no idea why the image was so creepy. Maybe because, in the dream, I’d stuffed it and whatever was in the room un-stuffed it. I think that’s how it went.
  Freud would have a hay day with this.
  I don’t remember what else I dreamed but it’s left me feeling ill at ease on this gray, rainy morning.
  It might be something to do with the med reduction. I’ll have to monitor the quality of my sleep and see if this holds true. I hope not. A good night’s sleep is so important!
  Maybe I was foolish in watching The Nature of Things with David Suzuki last night. It was about a fungal spore that invades the brains of ants in the Brazilian rain forest and manipulates them. It can affect rats and humans as well. Apparently a third of the human population is infected. Now that’s creepy!
  It causes mammals to lose their fear mechanisms. The rats will boldly go into an open area because the spore wants them eaten so it can spread through cat feces. That’s how most humans get infected. It’s why pregnant women are told to stay away from their cat’s litter box. The spore is dangerous to an unborn child.
  Fear is an important part of being safe but the people infected tend to take greater risks. In areas where the rate of infection is higher it has an impact on the structure of the society in general.
  Scientists are studying the spores to see if there may be a way to help people with chronic anxiety or phobias that impact their daily lives. This might take a while because the scientists have yet to isolate how a single celled spore has the ability to control the mind, especially one as complex as ours.
  Out of evil, good will come!
  Although, sometimes too much information isn’t a good thing.
  So, hopefully the shadows will dissipate through the course of the day. I pray there will be a whole lot of laughter! AMEN!

  And I will end with a smile anyways…
  “There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise.” Proverbs 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...