Monday 29 April 2019

Breathe!!!!


  “Come, O breath, from the four winds! Breathe into these dead bodies so they may live again.” Ezekiel 37:9

  There was much accomplished this weekend. The basement is organized. The last of the flower beds have been cleaned out.
  Still, I find myself distracted from matters of faith. It’s hard to focus on the blog which is my daily meditation of God’s Word. Random thoughts, ideas, plans for the reno keep popping up. The to-do list hovers over my heart and soul as I wrestle with the huge amount of work that needs to be done. This also includes the normal chores for the day and the season. 
  The grass needs cutting. The front deck needs staining. The shed windows and door need painting.
  Inside, I will have to move half the house. All the contents in the cupboards, my art corner, the linen closet, the pantry unit. My closet will have to be emptied as well because that’s where the access to the attic is. (Forgive me if I keep repeating myself.)
  So thoughts of purging: what to keep, what to toss or donate have taken over for the time being.
  Then I wonder how on earth I acquired so much!
  I’ve wondered that a lot as I look around. If stuff is a barometer of wealth, I am a rich woman.
  But stuff doesn’t give life. If anything it takes it away. It becomes burdensome, a responsibility…a distraction.
  And I feel it. Random snatches of worship lyrics zip through my thoughts only to be cut short by the TO-DO’s. The blog has become a to-do as well.
  But that’s backwards. Perhaps I need to prioritize my day better. No…there’s no perhaps about it. I must decide what is important!
  The blog, my conversations with God, keep my bones from drying out.  Each post feels a fresh breath fill my soul. Even the ones about nightmares because taking this time opens up my heart to God’s voice.
  
  So maybe I don’t need to be so hard on myself either. (Smile.) Of course I am distracted! And that’s okay. It’s also okay if I end up not writing as often over the next few months. It’s also okay if I use this forum to brainstorm and prioritize the list because, right now, it is the most important thing that is happening in my life. I can also use it to celebrate accomplishments! Without God, there wouldn't be any!
  I guess the breath breathes grace into my soul, too. And I sigh a great big sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...