Monday 22 April 2019

A Joyful Noise


“And they were singing the song of Moses, “Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways.”” Revelation 15:3

  It’s been a whirlwind of busy mornings lately with being involved in both the Good Friday and Easter services at church.
  Good Friday’s service included a first for me…a solo performance on the flute, played while the congregation made their way to the front to partake of Communion. The piano and bass guitar added depth to the music so I guess it wasn’t really a total solo. I simply played the melody.
  The best part? There were zero nerves! (Thank You, Lord!) I was utterly amazed/delighted by this.
  The second best part is a growing appreciation for the sweet, rich sound of my new flute. She is an instrument meant to sing on her own which is why she was chosen in the first place. I am glad I play well enough to do her justice and produce a sound that brings joy to others. That’s what it’s all about anyways.
  I have often wondered about the role the Lord will assign me in Heaven. Will the earthly pleasure of making a joyful noise unto the Lord continue? Can you imagine the music if there is no need to breathe? There would be no mistakes, no squeaks, no missed notes. Would a flute be able to create sounds never heard on earth? Would the rules of engineering and physics be wiped away?
  What if the flute was made of light instead of mere mortal silver!
  Oh, Lord, I can almost hear it!
  Would this also include playing the piano for a spell? It would be the grand piano of all pianos where the freed notes float through Heaven as tangible fragments of living light. Light that swirls and dances in worship of the Lamb. Heaven would be a place where age stiffened fingers no longer hampers the song.
  And then I could sing, making up songs to worship the Lord as I once did as a child; innocently and without fear or shame or doubt or bedtimes.

  And I am reminded that earthly worship wafts up to heaven; the sweet fragrance of our praise pleasing to the Lord. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...