Thursday 25 April 2019

Your Kingdom Come


“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:16-17

  While yesterday was a day of repentance, today is a day for the holes left by forgiven sin to be filled with the light, the life and the truth of Jesus Christ. Today is a day for exploring Kingdom living.
 
  A long pause simply because I am unsure of what this looks like so bear with me while I Triple T this concept.
  I entered God’s Kingdom the moment I embraced Jesus as Lord. All the things that were once important to me fell away. Things like the pursuit of wealth for wealth’s sake. That sort of wealth came with a boat load of debt. I have discovered the joy of living free of the need for the latest techno gadget or the bigger TV or the latest fashion to simply possess such things. (Smile.) I never was one for fashion anyways.
  The renovations are a necessity, part of the stewardship of the home God blessed me with. (Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude!) I am not doing them to have a better kitchen than my neighbour! There’s a big difference in the heart between the two approaches.
  I suppose the best part of Kingdom living is being able to give up the pursuit of happiness. At one time I thought being rich meant being happy but I have come to realize that true happiness is poured out through the love of God and through loving Him and loving others.
  
  And maybe that’s all there is to this Kingdom: love.
  Sometimes I stumble. A poor night’s sleep can make me cranky. I also admit to having an imperfect understanding of love. For a long time I was even afraid of love, of loving. (Smile.) I still am but the Lord has brought people into my life who model God’s kind of love so I can learn to let go of the fear. He has also provided safe places for me to practice loving others; good friends who have been supplied with an ample dose of grace for my fumbling around and mistakes.
  I think this is the best part of the Kingdom. It’s not about understanding everything right away because we can’t! It takes time. It takes a willingness to be wrong. It takes a conscious choice to pursue knowledge. It takes a decision to let go of all the things that have kept me apart from the love of God. It takes a choice to walk away from the things that interfere with my quest for the Holy Grail. I don’t always, hence the confession yesterday. (Smile.) 
  Confession for me is a daily occurrence. Confession is the beginning of growth because if I don't know what is broken, it can't be fixed.
  I won’t say it has been easy. I definitely won’t say I have arrived! (Smile.)
  What I know for certain is God has, is and will honour my prayers, my desire, to further understand His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...