I have decided to sit back and wait for a clearer direction for the blog. There are several options in the background. Continue using it as a forum to share of my life with Jesus. Tackle the Bible study list even though an entire Scripture verse is a lot to explore in this limited space and time. After having done one, there is a great deal of reluctance to do more. The thoughts, impressions and ideas stirred up became muddled and overwhelming.
I've thought about doing a word study as an alternative path of discovery. That is done by looking up every verse containing a particular word. I could write about each one. It is something I did as a new believer because it was an easier way to learn.
There is the apron, too. It's unfinished, with butterfly words waiting to be inspired and written on it.
In the mean time, I will plod along. Next week I am taking a sabbatical, a rest from writing. My hope is by taking some time to pray about the choices, there will be answers.
This is part of life with Jesus, this practice of waiting, this exercise of patience. Most of the time I rush headlong into things, taking the briefest of looks before jumping. But, when I end up over my head, I have a Saviour who reaches down to pull me out.
"So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus." Mathew 14:29
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Tuesday, 17 July 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
No comments:
Post a Comment