Wednesday 11 July 2018

300...Mathew 11:29

  I am yoked with Jesus.
  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." NKJV
  "Take My yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls." JCB

  What an appropriate verse to close out this journey; a journey that began almost a year and a half ago.
  Has it been successful? Has it been worthwhile taking the time to explore the life giving words? Absolutely! In countless ways.
  There's the practical, like having a better grasp on where each book is in the Bible. While I couldn't recite them, at least I can find them without relying on the index any more. A greater appreciation for God's Word and the richness within each page has also grown expeditiously.
  My copy of the New King James Bible has 1095 pages. Within them are answers to every question, comfort for every trial, and sound practices for a joyful life. I've come to realize the Bible is the written heart of God. Thinking about the miracles that took place over the millenium and how it ended up on my kitchen table, in a language I understand, is mind blowing.

  By taking this particular yoke upon me and taking the time to explore and examine my heart has led to tremendous, personal growth. It isn't anything tangible, just a feeling of contentment and confidence that pervades every aspect of my life, even the flaws!  Having this achievement bathed in humility, and by acknowledging the Author of all successes leaves room to grow. There is lots of room left!
  Dear readers, join me in celebration this morning. Join me in honouring the God who makes all things possible. Join me in praises of the One who clears away any obstacle in the pursuit of truth. Join me in patting myself on the back because I did it, I finished the list!
  To God be the glory, the One who sustained me, who encouraged me, who filled my soul with an insatiable hunger to learn. May it never fade. Amen!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 5

   "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." Psalm...