Monday 9 July 2018

I am worthy. Revelation 3:4

  "You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy." NKJV
  "Yet there are some in the church of Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. " JCB

  I am being rather human this morning. This the third last affirmation on the list. The end of the road keeps drawing my attention away from the matter at hand.
  Oh....okay...Thank You, Lord, for bringing an important lesson to my attention.

  I just realized by regarding my humanity, my human characteristics, with contempt is an act of ingratitude to the nth degree. It isn't my humanity that is the issue, it is sin.
  Because every aspect of my wonderful, delightful, quirky humanity has been made in God's image. He forethought every aspect of this unique identity before the dawn of life. Before the cosmos exploded. Before the earth was nothing more than a ball of swirling gases and rock.
  Every aspect is a gift: femininity, sensitivity, creativity. Intelligence, determination, gratitude.

  I can feel some tears picking at my eyes because today is the final answer to my very first prayer.
  "Who am I?" A plea from a terrible place of brokenness and heartbreak has finally come into fruition; into a place of joy.
  Because now I know. Better yet, I am finally able to like who I am.
  And a huge grin replaces the tears.
  Yes, I can like my imperfect self because even though sin still has the ability to influence my thoughts, behaviours and choices, I am and always have been God's child.
  That is the foundation of worth. Not deeds. Not behaviours. Not feelings.

  Our worth as mortal beings with eternal life was displayed for all to see in the Blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 5

   "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." Psalm...