Monday 2 July 2018

I am His witness. Acts 1:8

  "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." NKJV
  "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere--in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." JCB

  You know what amazes me the most? How nothing is too small for the Lord.
  Most of Saturday there was no power but by early evening, it had been restored. There seemed to be a problem down the highway a bit. Initially, I thought it might have been a brown out caused by the air conditioning demands of the heat wave. Temperatures, factoring in humidity, have been hovering in the low to mid forties.
  Yesterday, after church, I asked a couple people about going out for lunch. Spending some time in air conditioned comfort was appealing! One of them invited me back to their place. So, here's the God part...
  Initially I thought it was a personal reluctance, shyness, but an insistent urge was telling me to Go Home!
  The power had gone out again. My arrival was in plenty of time to fire up the generator to run the sump pump. Ergo, no flooded basement.
  The added bonus is my cell phone has been set up to get text messages from Ontario Hydro should the power go out at home. I had been wracking my brains about how to rig some sort of alarm to do just that. Another answered prayer.
  Lord, You are so good to take care of the worries in life, even if I haven't actually prayed about them!

   I love being able to share these small examples of how God provides. This morning I find myself feeling challenged to trust the Lord even more.
  Because a witness doesn't just talk about their faith, a witness lives it.
  Lord, I lift the areas in my life where independence and fear prevent me from fully trusting You. Teach me to let go and live free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 5

   "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." Psalm...