Friday 13 July 2018

July 13 Deuteronomy 5

  It had been my thought to copy the day's Bible passage but the study is entire chapters. Perhaps a brief summary will serve instead. Deuteronomy 5 contains one of the most important events in human history. God gave His chosen people the Ten Commandments to live by.
  Something I learned recently is (v23-25) God had spoken to everyone, not just Moses. The people were so terrified, they appointed Moses to be the only one to speak with God on their behalf.
  The question for today...what does this reveal about Jesus? About God?
  The significance of God eagerly trying to connect with everyone on a personal level is mind blowing to me....

...folks, this isn't working. Trying to explore an entire Bible chapter is rather overwhelming. Repeating lessons that have been taught by others misses the personal connection with the Lord I hunger for every time I blog.
  Maybe that's the lesson for the day. I don't need to rely on modern day "Moseses" to hear God's voice because the Lord loves us enough to have provided a piece of Himself to guide, teach and encourage: the Holy Spirit.
  The Ten Commandments were written in stone and on papyrus for the Hebrew people to memorize and live by. In Christ, through His love, inanimate, lifeless words become a living, breathing promise.

  It would appear I was inspired after all. Thank You Lord for reminding me the best things happen the moment I surrender my personal agenda.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 5

   "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." Psalm...