Tuesday 10 July 2018

2 Corinthians 5:15

  I am yielded to God.
  "And He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again." NKJV
  "He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them." JCB

  In the midst of taking steps towards adding an entry way at the side door of the house, I learned something that set me laughing. Every area in Canada is designated with areas for conservation, agriculture, industry, commerce and where homes can be built. Turns out my little bungalow is zoned as Estate Residential. Ooooo, la-di-dah! Now, South of me there are palatial ranch homes on acre lots. Yup. I'd call them estates but the small bungalows around me? That's why I laughed. To think of a 750 square foot home as an Estate kind of stretches the truth. (Big grin.)
  Yet, this morning's affirmation has me thinking about kingdom living; about God's zoning practices. He has only one: belonging.
  By belonging to Him, surrendering to Him, the world becomes an opportunity to enjoy estate living regardless of earthly circumstances.
  And it's free!
  I've often heard people say they are reluctant to become believers in Jesus because they have to give up too much...Lord, forgive us for institutionalizing faith. Forgive us for allowing religious fervour to build walls and rules...for draining the joy, the dance and the music out of belonging.
  God's estate is kingdom life. A kingdom of hope, possibilities and second chances.
  Lord, thank You that my heart was opened; that I took the chance in allowing Your Son to be part of my life, a huge part! Thank You, by learning to surrender, space was made for Your truth to infuse my heart with the light and life of being.
 
  If Jesus isn't part of your life, dear reader, I ask you to think about letting Him become your partner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 5

   "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." Psalm...