I spent a couple of hours in my rather creepy, cobwebby basement. Well, maybe it's not so creepy. There are plenty of windows and lights down there.
There was a fair bit of sawdust clinging to the walls and floor (and webs) that the broom had missed on previous sweepings. (That's right, blame the broom!) My mom shared a trick my dad used: wet sawdust makes a great sweeping agent to keep the dust down. It made a huge difference. There's something, too, about cement floors. No matter how often you sweep, there is always dust.
It probably wouldn't hurt to pull the dryer vent hose out and vacuum it. It's something I rarely think of but it can become a fire hazard if too much lint gets in there. I must also call the furnace guy and get him to come and give the furnace a tune up before winter rolls in.
The camp kit is all put away. The tent has been hanging in the basement so the floor could dry completely before storing it. It's nice that it has an umbrella type framework so it doesn't need to be set up completely. I covered everything to help keep it clean should I decide to do a project that will make more sawdust.
One of these days I'll get round to making a proper workshop with piping or hoses attached to the power tools. They will be connected to a shop vac. That should eliminate a lot of the dust that otherwise gets spewed into the air by wizzing blades.
It's nice that it's now tidy down there. If only I could find a scrap metal guy willing to haul the old, out-of-service, cast iron wood stove up and out. It probably weighs a couple hundred pounds if not more. I've waltzed it around from place to place using a piece of two-by-four as a lever. It's time it was gone.
Thank You, Lord, for the energy to do all this. Amen.
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Col 1:2
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment