Thursday 8 November 2018

Mission Not So Impossible


  “And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.” Mathew 24:14

  We were given a large section of Scriptures in Sunday’s teaching; too large to meditate on all at once. This was one part of it: mission. It’s an amazing lesson about surrendering, generosity and mission available at www.themeetinghouse.com. “The Time is Now.”
  When I listened to the mission section, what stood out was the idea of surrendering my own agenda. You know, those times when certain things are said and done with the expectation it will turn out exactly like I planned. It’s easy to tell when it’s my own agenda. When circumstances don’t fall into line or when a person doesn’t do what I expect of them I get frustrated; all because that’s me putting my own timeline on the situation.  
  Agenda making is also expecting specific results. It’s expecting someone else to arrive at the same conclusion or to respond based how I think they should. It’s placing my understanding, ethics, morals, faith, and experiences on their soul. It’s taking over what belongs to God.
  Here’s the big question of the day, “Why do I do it?”
 
  Ohhhh. I need only look at what being a parent involves. (Laugh.) Talk about having an agenda!
  It’s also a cultural thing, a societal practice. There are a multitude of experiences of having someone else’s agenda surround my actions and choices. Yes, structure is important. So is discipline. But when another’s agenda crushes identity, when it crushes the ability to have choices, there is something seriously wrong happening.
  It would appear I need to invoke the mighty duo: repentance and forgiveness.

  A long pause.

  Thank You, Lord, for Your grace. Thank You as well that You will redeem my misguided actions of the past, those of the present and guaranteed, I will need You to do this in the future. Protect me from the good intentions of an agenda because they are not part of Your Kingdom, they are not GOD intentions. Let me be sensitive to Your leading in all my interactions with people. In Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...