Saturday 10 November 2018

Living Giving


  “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.” Mathew 10:8

  I discovered another aspect of giving last night. Or at least my understanding was reframed. Since I am on worship this week, some flute and vocal practice was needed. After running through the songs by playing along with the original performances, I left the music playing.
  It ended up being a personal time of worship as I sang along, giving my voice over to celebrating the Lord’s presence.
  It drove home the biggest part of giving.
  All that I have, all that I am belongs to God. It isn’t mine. Not a dot.

  Every act of giving is an act of surrender.
  To give financially is to surrender the control of our finances over to God, who will provide more than we will ever need. (Smile.) I am not very good at this because I admit to having a great deal of fear when it comes to my bank balance. In time…Lord, in time I know You will erase the fear from my heart. Thank You that I have need for a bank.
  Every act of giving is an act of sacrifice.
  Letting go of any personal agenda is part of that sacrifice. Okay. That, too, needs some practice. Your will, Lord, not mine.
  Every act of giving is a blessing.
  No matter how small. Holding the door open for someone, a smile…the little things we do. The giving doesn’t have to be earth shattering…but it, our kindness, does shatter the earthly power of our enemy.
  Every act of giving is an offering of gratitude.
  For having something to give, no matter how small.

  Every act of giving is love in action.

  There are areas of giving I struggle with because for a long time I gave everything away right down to my identity, thinking this would make another happy. I am still trying to fully understand the dynamics of Kingdom living.  And, I have to say, there is still a whole lot of mystery. So maybe the trying to understand is like creating an agenda, a timetable…Hmmm…it would appear it’s time to give over control to God.
  Again.
  (Smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...