Friday 2 November 2018

And He in us.


  “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

  I have to wonder what Jesus is talking about when He says we can do nothing apart from Him. I know any number of people who do good things, are kind, talented and generous yet don’t believe in God.

  Is that the difference with having Christ in us? While doing good makes me feel good, I am able to fully acknowledge having this ability is solely because of the grace of God and it’s to His glory. Not mine.
  He is the provider of the means to give financially.
  He is the one who has been with me during the dark days on the Black River. Those difficult times have given me a wealth of experience. Those experiences enable me to help others and to have gainful employment. Again, it’s all because of Him.
  It’s because of Him I found Him in the first place! Without God, I wouldn’t be here at all.

  It’s only through His strength I joined the worship team. That’s giving, sharing musical abilities so that others can connect to Christ through music. Without God, my flute would still be tucked away in a drawer. Years of practice squandered.
  When I was younger, I was a fairly good, technical organ player but someone had to tell me where to make a piece loud or soft, where to add expression. Oh, I enjoyed playing but now, my soul feels the music. God did that: unlocked my heart with the gift of access to a baby grand piano and hours spent alone playing for an audience of One. When emotions run deep, I play. This is a gift yet to be shared even though the worship leader asked me if I’d play piano back up. I declined because it’s only been in the last little while that I have begun to truly enjoy making a joyful noise to the Lord. (Joy 1- Anxiety 0. Go! Team Jesus! Go!)
    The art and writing have undergone the same processes of evolution. What started as a way to connect to God as a desperate, broken woman has matured into opportunities to bless others.
  God led me into truth. Through that journey, which is an ongoing one, I end up right back at His feet every single time. Back to God who is the Source of all I do; the Source of all I am.
   Fruit. If I was to continue writing, there would be pages and pages of where the Lord has changed my life and enabled this life to overflow, to be a blessing. Because of Jesus.
  And all of us are. Blessings. All of us have different gifts, different abilities. All of us have different passions and desires.
 
  Our worth does not lay in what we do.
  What we do has worth.

  And maybe that's the difference between those good people who don't believe in God and those of us who do.

  With great humility and all honour, I say, "Glory be to God. The Author and Finisher of my faith."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...