Saturday 29 June 2019

Bee Busy


  “Then He added, ‘Every teacher of religious law who becomes a disciple of the Kingdom of Heaven is like a homeowner who brings from his storeroom new gems of truth as well as old.’” Mathew 14:52

  It took a while to find today’s passage. This is a time of many distractions, tasks to do, errands to run, the usual life stuff only amped up as the reno date comes closer. I am also taking time to lay new kitchen flooring at work for purely selfish reasons. The existing vinyl flooring is beyond redemption and hasn’t looked clean for years. Even hands and knees scrubbing with a brush failed to make a difference. After today’s post, I am heading over there to install the new flooring and am excited to do so!
  The company I am dealing with for my own renos gave the centre, a non-profit organization, a great price for the new flooring. A local business blessed us with a generous grant to help improve our space. It all has come together.
  And really it’s an answer to my prayers and oft repeated truth, “The kitchen floor is the bane of my existence! It gets washed and washed but never looks clean! We need new flooring!”
  The comment was getting as old and tired as the floor. (Smile.)
  There’s a new coat of paint for the place in the works as well but, thankfully, someone else is taking care of that.
  I have no idea how this ties into today’s passage…except to realize my workplace is part of the Kingdom of God and, as a follower of Jesus and an employee, I can appeal to God for anything that is needed there!
  God’s storeroom is limitless.


  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...