Friday 7 June 2019

Oh, What Joy!


  “I (Jesus) will not judge those who hear me but don’t obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.” John 12:47

  “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

  I am finally coming to understand this thing called love. It’s a far cry from doing a Bible word study of every scripture containing the word “love.” That was suggested to me when I first became a follower of Jesus along with the command to keep reading them over and over until I “got it.” I ended up giving up because it only triggered the fact that all I knew of love was what it wasn’t. What was supposed to be joy filled and enlightening only caused sorrow and a sense that I was being punished. (Lord, I think I can finally forgive this misguided attempt to teach what only experience can. Let my life be a beacon. Let my life be a vessel so Your love can pour out.)
  The love passage at the top was one of the most difficult to read.
  But love is patient. Love knew I would need healing before being able to even receive the kind of limitless, unconditional love God has for every one of us. Love guided my steps to the people (and vitamins) that have been part of an amazing transformation.
  This needs to be said yet again because I am so grateful for the changes in my life, my heart and my mind; none more dramatic than what has happened over the last couple of weeks, My understanding of religion and especially repentance has brought such joy! God is good!

  I get a sense that this is another beginning. I like beginnings. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...