Thursday 18 October 2018

King James Translation

  "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." Mathew 11:28-30

  As we focused on Sunday's teaching at small group last night, I got thinking about our (mine included) reluctance to begin incorporating daily meditations on Scriptures. I got thinking about the number of times a pastor has encouraged us, me, to do this. It always felt like a burden, a chore. One more thing on the to-do list.
  Ewww...homework!
  Maybe it's because we are conditioned to show visible results for our time...invisible ones don't count. But that's a lie! Invisible results have a visible effect.
  We have a battle on our hands. Which makes sense because there is one who doesn't want this to happen. He doesn't want God's children to grow into a place of understanding, of enlightenment. He doesn't want us to have a foundation in the knowledge of Truth. He wants us to remain in the dark.

  My mind has often wandered over the last few days to reflect on Monday's post about Christ's burden being actual light. It struck me that meditating on Scriptures brings joy, a lightness of being to my heart! God's Word is a powerful source of illumination. The entire Book is a spotlight shining on Jesus, the heart of God. It is our tangible, touchable connection to Him. This blessed and holy Book contains everything we need to learn of Him.
  "Of" was highlighted because the previous translations had written this as learn from Him. If I don't know who He is how could this be possible?

  I imagine when I open my Bible, the side by side pages glow then erupt in a brilliance as radiant as the sun. Like the rays of light emanating from Christ's pierced hands, it is almost blinding. Words begin to rise up and flow along the Jacob ladder beams.

  "I, Jesus, loved you first."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...