Monday 1 October 2018

Change Up

  Technology has changed. I need to think how I manage to chew through so much data. My habits haven't changed that much. Or maybe they have in subtle ways. Having an increased data limit doesn't seem to have rectified the problem with my home internet access. Especially since my provider hasn't adjusted my account to reflect the added amount. That problem is to be rectified on October 9th. But, even with the recent addition, I would have run out anyways.
  So if I disappear around the first week of the month, it's because I've run out of data. Overages are an obscene amount of money. One and a half gigs over costs $100. Yes, Canadians pay one of the highest rates for phone, internet and so forth.
  Regardless, I need to go on a data diet. Which is partially why I haven't blogged the last couple of days. 
  This morning sees me in a local coffee shop utilizing their free-to-customer WiFi, coffee and muffin at hand. "Free" is a matter of perspective.
  So, the diet. Which is actually more about setting some boundaries. I will no longer check work emails at home. Instead, they will be dealt with at work. It's supposed to be that way anyways but finding massive amounts of mail to go through when there's limited time...a modern problem. It's why I peeked in a couple times a week.
  I won't use my phone at work to Google stuff for visitors (and me) unless it's hooked up to our WiFi.
  Sharing photos on the blog and on Facebook is expensive now I realize my phone takes pictures that utilize more pixels ergo more megawhatsis. Facebook stuffs itself on data, too. All the posted comments, pictures, movies, aren't free to look at in terms of data. The irrelevant ads only make it worse.
  My use of Facebook might be coming to an end, or at least, it will be greatly restricted...something to peruse when a WiFi hot spot is available.
  I think it boils down to staying away from anything that contains images like checking out flyers, store products, or online shopping. Looking at kitchen designs is part of that. It will have to be the old fashioned way...imagine! Going into a store! Purchasing a magazine!
  But I do have to be grateful there are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, businesses and even the library that offer WiFi services to their customers. The choice of location this morning was a higher end coffee shop because it is usually quieter than the nearby Tim Hortons. The coffee is extra tasty, too. And who knows what conversations will arise from having my Bible on the table beside me. Lord, Your will be done!
  For the next nine days, I'll need to go out to blog. This could mean posting is a bit sporadic. We'll just have to see.
  Thank You, Lord, for the businesses who recognize the need for technology. Bless them for it. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!
  "He also asked, "What else is the Kingdom of God like? It is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough." Luke 13:20-21

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...