Tuesday 28 March 2023

Laughter

    "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him." Philippians 2:13

  Some mornings it's hard to know what to write about. 
  Some mornings I waken, unsettled and disturbed by the vague memory of unpleasant dreams.
  It was lovely to start the day laughing with my friend over some silly nonsense. It chased the uneasiness away.
  Last night closed with different laughter over different silliness. Innocent fun, all of it.
  I have to give thanks to the Lord for this gift of a laughing friend. 
  We laugh at ourselves more than we laugh at each other. 
  We laugh at the situations we find ourselves in. 
  It's such a simple thing, really, but for me it is far more valuable than gold. 

  It's kind and gentle with no room for malicious mockery or sarcasm. It's one that doesn't cause shame or embarrassment. 
  It gives life.
  I like to think Jesus is with us as we wipe the laughter tears away only to look at each other and start laughing all over again. I imagine He has a huge grin on His face as we both discover a joy that chases the ghosts of the nasty kind back to where they belong.
  I am so, so, so grateful. 

  I had no idea this is what life should be like because this is something I have never had before. Ever.
  How can you miss what you have never known?
  Until you have it and realize what was missing.
  I am so, so, so grateful I have a God who will restore all that the locusts have eaten.
AMEN!

  

  
  
  
   
  
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...