Friday 31 August 2018

The Shuffle

  My phone was running out of data. It's my lifeline to the internet having no other options because of where I live. It's the second time it's been necessary to see about getting more. I am glad I did because I discovered something...
  The last time an increase was needed, I went into the Alliston Rogers store to talk to the sales people. With the increase in data, I was entitled to a "free" tablet. Yesterday's chat with the online Rogers people revealed I've actually been paying $10 a month to have it. No mention of this fee was made at the time. Had I been told this, I never would have gotten the tablet. Because it's been more than 15 days, I cannot return it so I'm locked in for two more years to pay the sucker off.
  Their online bill doesn't contain a breakdown of services. That needs to change. It's why it came as a surprise.
  On the other hand, it has been useful. Especially when my laptop died. I just can't help feeling ripped off. I guess I was.

  The online chat with Rogers yesterday has rectified the data issue. Of course, it means spending more. In order to balance the books, thankfully I could cut back on my TV package. The last time my land line got cancelled to offset the expense which is a good thing. No more telemarketers. Losing some TV stations is okay, too. I watch too much TV anyways.

  Sigh. It just goes to show if you don't know what questions to ask, answers are rarely forthcoming.

  That's my rant for the day but a rant without action is useless. I will get hold of Rogers to see if they will change their billing format so every customer has a clear understanding of what they are paying for.

  "Then Jesus said to the disciples, "Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea!' and it will happen." Mark 11:22-23

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...