Monday 20 August 2018

Flea Market

  A quick trip out to the local flea market has me set up wonderfully. All ten fingers are in use this morning. Woohoo! It's surprising how rusty they are. It didn't take much of a decision either. I've purchased a basic workhorse of a laptop. It's pretty much the same as the old one only it's got a camera, blue tooth capabilities and more memory. Do you remember when 64K was supposed to be all we'd ever need?
  I used it to go online yesterday, hooking it into my phone via USB cable but it was frustratingly slow; almost as slow as the old dial up internet. I was not impressed but using a different USB port this morning has made all the difference in the world. It isn't lightening fast, but a few nanoseconds' delay is better than having to go get a coffee while a page was loading.

  It costs a dollar to get into the parking lot at the market. Why is it called a flea market anyways? I don't even think fleas are sold, at least not intentionally! Pretty much everything else is. From knock off perfume, to bedding and jewelry. The sweet aroma of freshly baked goods gets the tummy rumbling and mouth watering but I was good and passed them by. There's clothes for construction type jobs, office jobs, purses, and ladies clothing, too. DVD's, TVs, and booth after booth of farm fresh produce are all part of the offering.
  There's a second massive building dedicated to antiques but it's a buyer beware kind of place because there are lots of reproductions scattered throughout the site. While a lot of the stuff is old, it's old based on Canadian standards and we are a young country when compared to the rest of the world. Still, it's fun to look around if you are in to that kind of thing.
  I was a woman on a mission. That, and I am not overly fond of the crowds so I'd already planned on getting in and getting out as quickly as possible.
  I made a bee line for the Y2K computer booth. It wasn't busy which meant I was helped right away. Next week will likely be much busier as back to school stuff is being frantically amassed.
  The business owner was there to help. He is probably older than me by a decade. A nice looking man with, I think, a European accent, possibly German. I told him what I was looking for. My needs were simple. My tech abilities wanting. He showed me what they had. A deal was done in a matter of minutes.

  And he blatantly flirted with me. Nothing untoward or overtly sexual just, well, flirting. (Smile.)
  I confess I enjoyed it and innocently flirted right back at him, playing the game. It's surprising I remember how because it's been a long, long time since anything like that has happened to me.
  I left there with more than a laptop. I left there feeling feminine and beautiful. It's been a long, long time since I'd felt that way.
  Oh, I know salesmen will flirt to facilitate the deal but this was all harmless fun because a deal had been made before I even went there. It was only a matter of choosing what met my needs. A good company, a reliable product, with help if needed, is all I require in regards to worldly items.
 
  I think, too, the Light of the Lord, a joy from outside this world, still filled me after an amazing time of worship. It was infused through partaking of Communion and polished by prayers for a friend. It must have drawn him like a moth to a flame.
  Jesus is our True Source of beauty.
 

  "As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation." Galatians 6:14-15

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...