Saturday 18 August 2018

Floundering

  It's a tough thing to admit when your boat has lost its rudder.

  A long pause followed that statement.

  So, Sue, maybe you better offer up a prayer. Or better yet, ask your readers to pray for you.
  I am asking.
 
  Firstly, the blog. I miss the excited anticipation that filled the morning as soon as I awoke. Having blathered on for the last several posts then wrapping them up with a Bible verse feels inadequate...Lord, I want this time spent at the keyboard to have meaning and significance.
 But then, who is saying it doesn't? My ego? Self doubt? Is this the devil's foul and twisted way to stop me from writing?
  Why am I writing anyways?
  For companionship. To start my day in the company of the Lord and others. Meaning you, my readers. It also starts my day grounded in faith. And, simply put, I enjoy writing. I will enjoy it more with a new laptop so there is no longer the need to
 tablet type one fingered!
  Tomorrow. A trip to the local flea market for an inexpensive, refurbished, used laptop. The last one lasted over four years.
  Oh. Now I get it...why the blog has felt more like a chore. One letter at a time is SLOW.
  Sometimes things are so simple!
  "How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 36:7
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your down to earth posts. In fact I have enjoyed them much more that the daily posts that followed a sequence. Personally I felt they were just information repeated - not revealing the "real Susan". Your day to day struggles and victory in Christ touches a lot of people. Doing a study is always good - but we need application to. You are giving us a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...