Wednesday 15 August 2018

Treasures

  It has been several days of feeling blessed. Surrounded by family. Holding my newest granddaughter for the first time. A morning bonfire with S'mores for lunch because the nights grew too late for such pleasures...finding a four leaf clover in the middle of several acres of closely mown grass. Oh, and answering questions about why there are so many weeds in my lawn. That was a wonderful opportunity to talk about the environment, and why I am so happy there are frogs in the pond and garden and the rarest sight of all: a tree frog peering in my kitchen window. I hear them all the time but, they are tree dwellers...Yup, living large.
    I tried to get my older grandchildren to play apple hockey by firing the fallen apples strewn over the driveway into a bucket. I think they did one before catching on that they were actually cleaning up the apples for me. So much for pulling a fast one on them.
  Both of them expressed an interest in learning to paint but time got away from us with the days being filled with road trips and other adventures. Those lessons will have to wait until I see them again.

  The house feels empty this morning with no giggles or laughs greeting the day.
  That was the best part of all.
  "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...