Thursday 2 August 2018

Annual Delight

  I saw a Hummingbird moth at the Bee Balm this morning. It's the first this season. There needs to be more Bee Balm in the garden. Not only for the moth but the bees and actual hummingbirds love its sweet nectar.  Although putting in another flower bed when the ones already gracing the yard do such a great job of growing weeds...adding more work doesn't fly.
  I am feeling rather down this morning, for a few days now. I can't pinpoint anything specific or even know why. It is just how I am feeling. Maybe my holiday wasn't long enough. Or maybe that's why. Being in the woods, surrounded by trees and quiet makes coming back to civilization difficult.
  The world is a noisy, busy place. The rush of traffic, cars and trucks are filled with rushing people. The stores are filled with people on missions to hurry up and buy what they need only to hurry on to the next task.
  I have been busy, too. Following up on the various tests the Doc requested to make sure everything is working like it should. I went and had my eyes tested as well. My glasses have a crack in the lens that has slowly been growing. They ought to have been replaced a while ago. So far, it's all good.
  I think I will toss the kayak in the car and head down to a nearby lake. It is bound to be busy on the weekend and I am working tomorrow. The gardens can wait another day.
  Lord, please lift this unwanted, joy devouring mood. In Jesus's name I pray, amen.
  "God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs." Mathew 5:3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...