Thursday 13 July 2023

Success

  "And may the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!" Psalm 90:17

  I keep wrestling with the idea of pride. I have no idea why I am so afraid of it. Is afraid even the right word? 
  I've begun writing the book about the Art of Prayer. There's a constant, toxic chorus in the background. These objectors are fighting hard to stop me in my tracks, to fill my mind with doubt and insecurity. It makes it very hard to concentrate. 
  Maybe they are the source of my fear.
  Ya think?
  I do my best to ignore them because they are lying. I know they are! The coarse and shrieking shadow voices hell bent on tearing these first tentative efforts to shreds are not coming from God.

  A few posts ago, God showed me that pride and confidence are not the same thing at all. It helped me understand that utilizing God's gifts to the best of my ability is what I am supposed to do! 

  As a bit of an aside, the first time I was hospitalized for my mental health, I vaguely remember telling the intake nurse that I was supposed to be here, that God had assured me this is where I needed to be. At some point during my stay they reached out to the counsellor I'd been seeing for a while.
  She shared with me after I was discharged that they had some concerns about the fact I was hearing God speak to me. Her response to their inquiries was absolutely priceless, "Do you think that maybe it's because she is a Christian?" 
  She saved me from being mis-diagnosed with schizophrenia.
  All of us hear voices at some time or another. It could be hearing a beloved dog bark after he or she is no longer on this earth. It could be the voice of a loved one, too, whom God has taken home. It's normal to have these auditory experiences.
  Maybe I hear more because when the focus is on writing I am in a posture of vulnerability before my Lord. I may be typing but I am also listening for God's input and revelations. Maybe that's why I end up hearing the enemy of my soul who is trying to drown Him out with his poisonous words.

  Folks, there's a battle going on here. But I know the harder the enemy works to tear me down, the more I dig in my heels to follow God's calling. The louder the enemy is, the more attuned I am to hearing Truth: the beautiful, sweet, gentle voice of lightness and life.
  
  I've become so used to the kitchen table being my safe place, my sanctuary, I've forgotten the basics of Christian 101: PRAY! Pray the prayers of protection. Pray the authority of Christ to banish the devil's voice. Pray for God to bless the keyboard, the table, my home with His presence and His Spirit.
  Dear readers, if the Lord brings me to mind, please pray for the protection I need to write the book because you know what? The enemy wouldn't be fighting so desperately to stop it if it wasn't something that has tremendous value. What that is I will learn in due time. For now, all I am called to do is write.
  Thank you so much!
AMEN.
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...