Wednesday 24 May 2023

Busy Success

   "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk though the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:1-2

  Last week there were boxes piled up high, the furniture was all askew, the entire work space was chaos, chaos everywhere. Hard work, a few extra shifts, a good team and the place is starting to feel like home again. We have to wait for insurance to give the go-ahead on the major purchases so my desk consists of a folding table for now. It works, that's all that matters.
  The main door is still boarded up. It needs to be replaced because the fire department broke it down to access the inside last year. Honestly, I have no idea why it hasn't been done by now. At least we have another door we can use. The steps leading up to it aren't in great shape but it will simply have to do.
  We've ended up staying closed this entire week to get settled in. I am thankful because it means everyone can focus on getting our act together. 

  I've mostly managed to keep on track with the Gina Livy program. This week we are working on eating just until we are slightly unsatisfied. I tried but a few more calories were needed at work to help with much needed extra energy. A couple of cookies found their way into my tummy yesterday because I hadn't packed enough lunch. A couple of cookies aren't going to make or break what I am trying to do.
  For the most part, this ole body has been very cooperative with the whole venture. Because all meals and snacks are nutritious, it needs less anyways. 
  I've already shared about some of the non scale victories so far. Today's FB live session ended with a suggestion to think about all the things we did before that we aren't doing now. 
  
  It feels like there's been a whole lot of deliverance from the chains of sin that were in my life. 
  The devil wanted me to think it was impossible for eating habits to be broken. I believed him.
  The devil wanted me to think that food cravings must be satisfied right away. I obeyed them.
  The devil wanted me to think I was safer being overweight. I agreed.
  The devil wanted me to think food gave me comfort. I blindly followed.

  The devil wanted me to not think about any of this...ever.
  God, on the other hand, obviously wanted me to.
  You know something? I think I will follow Him instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...