Monday 6 May 2019

In a Better Place


  “Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper.” Proverbs 13:4

  Slowly, slowly I am making headway to make things easier once the renos begin. Although the ensuing chaos doesn’t make it look like I have. There are bags for the dump, boxes for donations, a bag of worn towels to be taken to the local vet and a pile of stuff that can be burned. My art corner has been completely cleared out. The drafting table is moved into the spare room as well as the cabinet I where art supplies are stored except for some commonly used materials. They are in a laptop bag that serves as a briefcase for such things. Just in case the urge to draw moves in.
  It was a successful weekend.
  I did need more boxes. It was one of the little pieces that added to feeling overwhelmed; having to hunt some down by going to various stores. It always makes me smile once I am reminded that God has all things well under control.
  Yesterday was my final trip to the Oakville Symphony. I won’t be purchasing tickets for next year’s season although I have enjoyed it immensely. My mom and I went early to have a leisurely lunch. Right beside the parking lot, waiting for Monday’s recycling pick-up, were two huge bags of un-broken-down liquor store boxes! They are the best size, and sturdy. I grabbed a half dozen or so. My mom had already given me a half dozen boxes she had scrounged so, voila! Enough boxes for my needs.
  Sometimes prosperity comes with no work at all! God (and Moms) are the best!
  I think I need to tattoo “God’s Got This!” on my forehead so every time I look in the mirror, I am reminded He has everything well under control.
   If there aren’t enough boxes, I seriously need to do some purging. (Smile.)
 
  Today the sun is shining! It makes such a difference. A sunny day yesterday dispelled the depression that moved in a few days ago much to my relief. There’s warmth in it that has been a long time coming this spring. Once the dew dries, there is outside work that needs tending to. The weather isn’t supposed to hold with even more rain moving in for the remainder of the week.
  I was amazed during the drive down to Oakville at how wet things are. There were places the water covered the road. Farmer’s fields are the playground of ducks and geese. Creeks, streams and the ditches at the side of the road are swollen with water because there’s been so much rain this spring.
  The objective for the day is to mow the grass and clean out the pond. Not my favorite job but once it’s up and running, it is such a delight that it’s worth coping with some stinky, stagnant, leafy decaying smells.
  Tomorrow, I have to call my mechanic. The snow tires can come off the car. The summer tires can go on. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...