Saturday 18 May 2019

Answered Prayer Again Again


  “When Jesus heard it, he said to them,'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.'" Mark 2:15-17

  It’s early for me to be up. The ole brain started racing around four this morning. I gave up the idea of falling back to sleep so here I am, serenaded by the morning song of countless, very wide awake birds.
  It would appear we didn’t get the frost they were calling for instead heavy dew is covering everything. The sky is a gold/white/silver that is positively glowing! Can you tell I am not often up before the sun?

  I have been on a quest to find some solutions to the emotional and physical torment created by the med withdrawal. The Lord has been good in helping me ask the right questions and finding who to ask.
  Vitamin D has become the companion to my morning coffee although a chocolate doughnut might be more enjoyable. (Smile.) After three days on the D, there is an improvement in the level of depression that had so paralyzed me this past couple of weeks. It’s still there, but not as bad. Yay!
  I had forgotten how bad it can be and how it impacts everything from the ability to think to the difficulty in doing even the simplest tasks. It’s not just in my head. There are physical symptoms such as chronic, to-the-bone fatigue and a low fever.  It compares to how a body feels when it is battling some sort of very nasty flu bug. At least, that’s how it is with me.
   It was a new discovery to find out a low fever can be a symptom of depression but it's good to know for future reference and for assessing my mental well being. Paired with being aware of an anxiety induced cough, my body will keep me informed when things aren't going so well. That's pretty amazing isn't it?
  In speaking with my pharmacist last night, she offered up a couple of suggestions. First of all, double the dose of D to at least 4000 mg a day if not more. Too much is not a problem. It will also help with the anxiety which I didn’t know. There’s room for experimenting to see what the best level is for my situation. It is available in 50,000 mg tablets with a prescription! If more offsets the anxiety, it may be the answer I am looking for without needing to go through the scary process of finding another drug to replace what I am on. That’s a whole other merry-go-round I really want no part of.
  How wonderful it would be to be free of medication and free of anxiety at the same time! My life would look very different. Lord I lift this as a prayer to You, in Your name.
  Secondly, the pharmacist suggested not cutting the one pill in half because it nullifies the delayed release it was designed for. Instead, she suggested I take a whole one every other day, gradually lengthening that time period to two days than three and so forth. Anything is worth a try. It wouldn’t hurt to mark my calendar to keep track.
  Thank You, Lord, for reminding me the pharmacist is even better than a doctor when it comes to knowing about medications.

  I give thanks there have been people praying for me. Prayers are being answered. My Lord is clearly showing me the way. The best part is He is only showing me one direction at a time!
  He knows me pretty well. 

  Ya think that's an understatement? (Smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 4

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked." Psalm 1:1   I don't have to go too far to find wicked ad...