Saturday 2 March 2019

There are Happily Ever Afters


    “So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.” Ephesians 5:8-9

  The Light always wins. When we allow Him to do what He does.
  The Light will erase the shadows that haunt us.
  The Light will shine truth into the places where lies hide, exposing them, shattering their strongholds.
  The Light will overcome the children of hate: ignorance, suspicion and prejudice.
  The Light will brighten our hearts so we may forgive: a letting go of the need for vengeance or revenge.
  The Light will place gratitude deep in our soul, our greatest weapon against the things that are bad and wrong and full of lies.

  When we feel alone, the Light is our companion.
  When we feel abandoned, the Light embraces us.
  When we feel unloved, the ever present Light wraps us in tender care.
  When we reach the end of ourselves, something we do time and again because of our silly, human need to control, to fix, to atone, He is willing to start at the beginning once more.
 
  The Light is a patient companion.
  He is Holy and unalterable.
   
  I had typed in, “Karma is not of Him” beneath the first stanza of this writing. It didn’t fit there. It fits here. Karma is the antitheses of the Light. It is about payback, about seeing someone suffer for their sins.  It’s about believing we have to suffer because of our own! That’s not to say there aren’t any consequences for our choices. There are except karma leaves no room for grace to move in and rectify or redeem the consequences.
  I am thankful I don’t believe in karma.
 
  The Light, the Holy Spirit of God, always wins. When we allow Him to do what He does.
  A willing heart is the first step.

  This morning, as I sit and watch more snow fall, I am thankful for the beautiful view and the way the snow changes from minute to minute. I am thankful the sorrows of the last several weeks have finally vacated the premises because truth has moved in.
  I, we, you and me, are a blessing no matter our stories or perhaps because of them.
  This is the truth I realized yesterday. Yesterday, God kept pouring His truth into my heart. It is overflowing, washing away the last haunting vestiges of dark memories. Truth is drowning a stronghold once held by the lie, the common thread relived through the flashbacks and even the teachings about marriage. It is the belief that "I have no value."
  It is gone. I pray, Lord, forever.
  
  With all my heart and all my soul I thank You, Jesus, for what You did on the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...