Thursday 13 September 2018

One Idea

  I have been drifting along for a while now. Part of it is having been away from home for most of the last couple of weeks. Yet, long before that I was feeling dissatisfied...lost...apart from God.
  But He was never apart from me.
  My TV was set to record a couple of programs. Home for the next many days and glad to sit for a while, fast forwarding through commercials, one phrase captured my attention.
  "If, in your tiny corner of the world, you impact others in a positive way, your corner of the world isn't tiny at all."
  I think that's close.
  After hearing this, I wandered into the yard to check the pond frog status (one is still there). A few quiet moments were spent watching waterfall ripples make the dying back lily pads dance.
  Ripples. One small act, a drop, has an impact far beyond what we can see or feel.

  A renewal of purpose has been breathed into my flagging spirit. That purpose is to be the drop that can change someone's world.
 ""And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you." Romans 8:11
 

2 comments:

  1. It is not a wonder that you are feeling rather "off". You have been putting out for others for a fair bit now. Being tired/weary is one of the best ways to distance yourself from the awareness of the presence of God. Be still and know...

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...