Tuesday 25 September 2018

Music is the prayer the heart sings.

    The wall sticker arrived from China. It says the title of today's blog. The photo selling it was misleading. It is much smaller than I thought it would be. They must have put a teeny tiny couch in front of it for the photo! Oh well. What's the saying? You get what you pay for. Nevertheless, having it on the wall over the piano has served to remind me how important music is to my faith.
  Somewhere along the line I'd forgotten that nothing dispels the shadows quicker than having worship music playing. A while back, I'd gotten rid of my stereo...I'd since forgotten how important it was for my well being to have music filling the house.
  Playing the piano is only one part of it. It's rather hard to play the piano while doing dishes or making my bed. It's in the silence the overwhelm makes itself most known. It's in the silence loneliness wraps itself around my heart. It's in the silence unwanted memories come to mind.
  I confess I have been using the TV to fill the silence (forgive me for that, my Lord). Home decorating/renovation programs only numb the mind. They don't disperse the shadows. They don't send these things scurrying back to the darkness from where they came.
  My TV has another purpose, an important one. It's one of the reasons I bought a sound bar. Again, I'd forgotten the initial reason for buying a good speaker. It's why I got rid of the stereo. New technology had replaced it.
  My satellite service comes with radio stations. One of which is Christian. I spent some time listening to it yesterday. It's hokey. It's corny. It's good ole classic, hand clappin', praise Jesus! Christian music and solemn, worshipful hymns interspersed with calls for listeners to come to the Lord. I love it.
  There is a local Christian radio station I can tune into through the sound bar but it plays more modern music. I admit not being able to understand half the words. I am not that fond of rap or heavy metal even if the lyrics are God honouring.
  The TV is hooked up to a DVD player which also plays CDs. The speaker is good enough to let me blast the house with LOUD if I should so desire. Loud can be good sometimes.
  I know there are more opportunities to listen to worship music online but a laptop speaker just doesn't cut it somehow.
 
  Thank You, Lord, for cheap products from China.
  Thank You, Lord, for making music a part of faith.
  Thank You, Lord, for the musicians who use their gifts to honour You. Bless them. Keep them safe.
  In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!

  "Come everyone! Clap your hands! Shout to God with joyful praise! For the Lord most High is awesome. He is the great King of all the earth." Psalm 47:1-2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...