Saturday 28 September 2024

A Grateful Heart

   "It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to the Most High." Psalm 92:1

  After finishing the last post a couple of days ago, the bead bin was explored to create the bracelet. The bin is stocked with beads for numerous reasons. Some are small and are used to embellish crazy quilts or other sewing projects. Others are more suitable for little fingers.
   Little fingers love alphabet beads. That's why they are in there, in case little fingers come to visit and need to be occupied. 
  There were enough letters to spell out the prayer, "God is here. You are safe." Between the sentences, I added a small, silver cross to declare and remind myself Jesus is in the midst of it all. 
  I didn't want to use elastic because it wasn't strong enough. Putting spacer beads between the words was going to make it too cluttered. It took some thinking before it could come together.
  Being a bit of a magpie, the cupboard has a small tackle box containing items suitable for jewelry making and repairing. The pins used to make earrings were too short so a couple of paper clips were perfect for the job. A bit of chain and a clasp and I had my bracelet. 

  This simple prayer has helped me get out of my head. There were times at work when I could hear the anxious, hyper-vigilant, overwhelming screaming heebie-jeebies start to cry out. Speaking the bracelet prayer out loud shut them down. Or maybe...it gave them comfort? Either way, it enabled me to stay present instead of struggling to interact with the outside world.
  I said it a lot.
  Last night, there was another astounding realization...it's Cricket who has been trying to protect us because I could feel the doubt/disbelief that the prayer was true. You see, safety has been an illusion, something that was lost or stolen. The proverbial rug getting pulled out from under us is an ideal way to put it. 
  So this morning I have a grateful heart. For the prayer but more so for realizing how hard Cricket has tried to feel safe or to create safety. And maybe it's prideful or maybe it's just sad that she, we, have been carrying this burden for such a long, long time.

  Then my friend forwarded this:
  

AMEN!
                           















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Robes

  "Coming up behind Jesus, she (the woman who had bled for 12 years) touched the fringe of His robe." Luke 9:44   And she was heal...