Wednesday 17 January 2024

Cares

   "We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need." Colossians 1:11

  My eyes are healing. The ear, not so much. It still feels like a bucket of water is sloshing around in my head. I am still off work because head stuff always comes with a cough. It's drained my energy, too, this having to strain to hear coupled with how hard the body is working to get better. Although energy does come in fits and bursts.
  I did a jigsaw puzzle over the last few days. A knitted vest is getting closer to being finished. After doing so much for others, I wanted to do something for myself. It was finished once but was too small so I ripped the whole thing out and started again because I like the yarn. There's something mesmerizing about watching the process. It often leaves me wondering who invented knitting? 
  Birdwatching is a favorite past time. I love the variety that come to the feeder. The Juncos in their tuxedos. The Chickadees with their pert little voices. The Mourning Doves fly in on whistling wings. A Downy woodpecker is a frequent visitor. Yesterday there was even a flash of crimson when a male cardinal stopped by to check things out. There's probably a half dozen more bird types that visit and a couple of mammals bundled up in squirrel fur. One of them has quite a few white patches in his black coat so it's easy to identify him.
  The TV has been on. Yesterday was spent watching a bad disaster movie marathon.

  As the knitting needles click, my mind wanders. It keeps returning to a postcard memory from long ago. We must have been camping somewhere. I was a little girl. To be up after dark was a rare treat. The night summer air was still and cool. I remember standing in the middle of the road under a streetlight. The tarmac radiated warmth from the day. Turning and spinning, I watched bats fly over head. They swooped and dove, hunting for the insects attracted by the light. I wasn't afraid of them because the sounds they made were fascinating. No one else could hear them. Just me.
  I haven't been able to hear them for a long time. 
  Now I have to ask, why does this make me so sad?
  Why am I so afraid my ear will be permanently damaged?
  Cause I am, you know, afraid.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...