Tuesday 9 January 2024

Distraction

   "May all my thoughts be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord." Psalm 104:34

  I ended up at the doctor's again today. My eardrum blew. It's very painful so I thought I'd write a bit to try and distract myself.
  She was totally blown away by the difference since yesterday. 
  It came on fast last night. One minute my ear was fine, the next it was clogged. I thought it might be because of the weather; the storm that's dropping wet snow by the bucketful. Barometric pressure headaches are not unusual. 
  Earlier today, the eardrum let go. It sounded like a balloon when you squeeze the end and let the air out. 
  It happened again just before I called the doc. 
  It's no wonder babies cry when they have sore ears.

  I joked with the doctor, saying I am not a wuss about pain. After she confirmed my diagnosis, she smiled and said, "Yes, a torn eardrum is very painful! No. You are not a wuss."
  I like her, a lot.
  She was more taken aback by the fact I was her 4th such person this week. Makes you wonder what's going on.
  Fever and conspiracy theories are not a good combination so I'll let this go.

  The doc also advised me to get a hearing test done once things have healed. It could take as long as a month. Please pray there is no permanent damage. 

  Today, I am grateful. For the health care system we have here. For the means to pay for the medicine. Having access to the medicine is a blessing.
  I am grateful for the snowstorm appointment cancellations even though it was a bit dicey getting up the hill...speedometer read 80, the car was only doing 30 as the wheels spun in the slush. I don't know if I could have waited until tomorrow to see her.
  I am most grateful for my friend who got out a selection of essential oils to use as a decongestant. She's going to pick up my scripts on her way home from work. I am grateful most of all that I am not having to do everything on my own. 
  Oh...and thank you Lord, for the inventors of Advil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...