Saturday 17 August 2019

So It Begins


  “Do your planning and preparing your fields before building your house.” Proverbs 24:27

  The planning has been done.
  The fields, or my driveway, have the excavation site spray painted and marked with flags.
  There is a fair bit to do inside yet but the crunch is on to get it done because the renovations start Tuesday or Wednesday. That’s a full two weeks earlier than I had expected so there is much to do this weekend.
  I am also going to give fair warning that blogging may be sporadic over the next little while because I am involved in doing a couple of projects of my own. This may have been shared before but it helps to keep my thoughts organized by writing it down. Hmmmm…is this me making a list?
  All the painting is my job. I will be doing the mudding and taping of the new drywall in the addition prior to painting that area. Closet doors will be built to match the ones in the master bedroom. I will be framing and installing the pantry door. The kitchen table is already redesigned. It just needs to be rebuilt and painted.
  I think I have purchased everything the contractor will need with the exception of a couple of things. Seeing as my contractor is swinging by on Monday, she will be able to answer any questions.
  Confirming that the wiring will be run for a vanity light in the bath has to happen before buying a light fixture.
  I need to know how wide the space is above the stove. Depending on the size, it may or may not require a new hood vent.
  Then there are the large items: stove, dishwasher, tub and toilet. There is some time to order those because these purchases can be organized to arrive once the cabinets are installed and the bathroom gutted.
  I also want to talk to my contractor about moving the washer and dryer. Because they are stacked, the washer weighs a good 350 pounds. It’s filled with cement to stop it from tipping. What I would like to do is build a platform with two by fours that run perpendicular to the floor joists. This should have been done when the machines were installed because it helps absorb sound and vibrations. I will build the platform. I just need some strong bodies to move the machines out of the way then lift them up on to it once the platform is in place.
  I think that’s it although there is bound to be some things I have overlooked. But that’s okay. I am as prepared as I can be. (Smile.)
  Lord, help me not be overwhelmed by the chaos. Fill me with patience and focus and the ability to go slow, one step at a time. In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...