Its funny how we need a reason to take a break from our, and I hesitate to use the word obligations... How about tasks? I've an opportunity to spend some time with my son, his partner and my grandchildren. Blog posting will be set aside for a few days.
I did want to share though about my friend, the one I wrote about a couple of days ago or so; the one who had planned the bike trip across the US with me. She called to say hi, that she had been fondly remembering how we had planned the trip. She hadn't read my post.
Coincidence? There's no such thing.
There are connections beyond the phone line, the tablet, the computer. How many times have you called someone and they've said, "I was just thinking about you!"
I remember flying somewhere at night. The lights below were the only evidence there was anything down there. Some were connected by rows of lights, others were all by themselves, joined together by invisible power lines. I remember thinking that those lights are representative of Christians, that even though our lights shine individually, they are all connected.
Meanwhile, I've earthly connections to enjoy and delight in.
Lord, let my light shine!
"For He Himself is our peace, who had made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation." Eph 2:14
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment