I've been finding it difficult to get back into the routine of writing every morning. It feels like I don't want to intrude on the peace and serenity the camping trip filled me with by delving too deeply into matters of the soul.
Thoughts of getting away again fill my daydreams. Things like hiking the Bruce Trail from end to end with nothing but a backpack tantalize my imagination. It would take quite a while. I think it's over a thousand kilometers long. Not that I am in any kind of physical shape to tackle such a big hike but the thoughts are there.
It reminds me of when I was in my early teens. My friend and I dreamed about riding our bikes across the US. We poured over maps, carefully selecting our route and marking it down. We avoided the roads in red before we discovered they were marked that way because they were particularly scenic. We spent hours organizing what we would need, making lists, making new lists. Neither of us had a clue about bicycle repairs. It never even entered the discussion that they might break down!
It didn't happen. She moved away but the dream would rise up and tease me when, as a young mom, I was bogged down with laundry and dirty diapers.
That almost sounds like a regret. It's not really. It's more like a sadness for dreams broken and friends lost. I am thankful I had my children when I was younger. There are so many opportunities lurking around the corner. Who knows, maybe the Bruce Trail is doable.
God is good! Amen!
"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Cor 5:7
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment