Thursday 20 April 2023

The Art of Prayer: Further Evolution

   "We ask God to give you complete knowledge of His will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit." Colossians 1:9-10

  I took a stab at writing the little handbook about the Art of Prayer but it didn't go so well. Mainly because I neglected to allow the Lord to lead the process. It happens. Frequently. So I repent: that wonderful, marvelous and life giving action of turning away from my foolishness and looking towards Jesus. He's always there, waiting for me to come to my senses. (Smile.)
  There's an ample amount of stubbornness in me, too. Like a toddler who wants to put their own coat on despite it being beyond their abilities. So I confess this morning that it feels writing the little book or pamphlet or whatever you call it is way over my head.
  So maybe I can't do this on my own. (I can't, you know.)
  Maybe I need to get some advice on how to tackle a bigger project than a single blog post. Are there tricks of the trade? Are there easier ways to organize ideas to help decide which to prioritize?
  Should I simply start by printing off the blog posts already written about the Art of Prayer? Paper copies would make it easier for this old school Nana to decide what order they should go in. That makes the most sense, doesn't it, to use what I already have? Why reinvent the wheel?
  Why is there such doubt that what's been written isn't good enough to publish in a paper format? Who says it has to be printed at all? There's all kinds of books out there that never see a single letter emblazoned on paper.
  There's that old enemy showing his ugly face. He doesn't want this project, this calling of God on my life to move forward. He'd be more than happy for me to embrace what he thinks of the whole thing.
  But I am not going to let him. I repent, Lord, of believing his lies and once again, turn to you.
  
  I am about to embark on a great adventure, one that I hope will deepen the faith of others.
  To God be the glory. AMEN!
  
  
  
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...