Thursday 27 April 2023

Making Changes

   "Father, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. Give us each day the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. And don't let us yield to temptation." Luke 11:2-4

  Monday saw the start of another journey towards another kind of wellness. I signed up for the Gina Livy program. While it's geared to weight loss, it's more about giving the body what it needs. I've learned a lot about why it stores fat, of which my own storage compartments are full of to the point of overflowing.
  Initially, I signed up because my friend wanted to do it. It was easier if both of us had to eat the same types of food. I signed up to support her in her own efforts. But here's the thing, I've already lost around 4 pounds by following the food plan and upping my water intake.
  It's not a diet like most diets. There's no starving, there's no calorie counting. There is also no food weighing which suits me just fine. No gym workouts required. Yay!
  There's also no shame or guilting (one of my biggest issues with other diet programs.) In fact, it's just the opposite. Grace rules here because if you get off track or are unable to follow the meal regime, you skip what you have missed and carry on. 
  It's early in the three month program and so far the focus is on learning about what our bodies need to prevent it from storing "emergency" fat reserves. It's about learning to listen to it, too.
  My take-a-way from this is if I consistently give my body what it needs, it won't store fat so the reserves can go. Another Yay!
  I've already experienced the impact on my physical health by eating better because I hadn't realized part of my mental health challenges were tied to malnutrition. Eating better has helped my mood and energy levels up to this point. I can thank my friend for making this possible but it's time to take it further.
  Because I feel better already on the Gina Livy program I am no longer in it just for my friend, I am in it for my own health.

  It's a gratitude kind of day. Thank You, Lord, my mental health has been consistently stable so there's an ability to focus on something besides just making it through the day. I give thanks that the occasional hiccup or life challenge hasn't dragged me down. I give thanks the Lord brought a food strategy, science based approach to weight loss instead of a fad diet because He knows just how fearfully and wonderfully made we are!
  Thank you, as well for my friend. Together we can make changes and lean on each other when the going gets tough. This is the greatest blessing of all. Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Investment

   "Well done!" the king exclaimed, "You are a good servant. You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you, so yo...