Friday 27 September 2019

Busy Brain

  "Therefore, since we have been made right in God sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us." Romans 5:1

  Thank You, Lord, for leading me to this passage this morning because this isn't where I had been heading. (Smile.) How true is this of life in general! 
  The Meetinghouse encouraged us to take some time to fill out a Growth Gauge questionnaire. It's a self assessment tool used to reflect on where we are in our walk with Jesus. I did mine this morning and find myself wrestling with some of the results as well as the idea of using such a tool to monitor my growth as a believer.
  Smile. It seems to be the starting place for a whole whack of goal setting. 
  I am not sure how I feel about that. Perhaps it's because of the blog and the ability it gives me to look back on where I was and where I am now. It's a record of the times God has answered my heart's desire: to learn how love better. No goals required. Just trust. Praise God, that trust has proven fruitful because where I was is definitely not where I am.
  Not everyone has this kind of a written record that, in this case, has been kept since (wow!) 2012 so I can understand the value in filling the questionnaire out. 
  I am not sure if I will do the questionnaire again but, out of respect for the elders, I have obeyed.
  It has triggered a bunch of unpleasant emotions although I have no idea why. 
  So, Lord, I ask You to reveal why doing this sort of thing is so difficult for me. 
  I will leave off here, trusting God for the answer. AMEN!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...