Wednesday 2 October 2019

The Light has Entered In


  “And Pilate posted a sign on the cross that read, ‘Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.’ The place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek, so that many people could read it.” John 19:19-20

  I was watching a Disney movie, “A Wrinkle in Time.” As far as movies go, it was pretty lame. Definitely not the quality I expect from Disney. However, and I love this about God, there was a reason I wasted a couple of hours watching it.
  A main character was only able to speak in quotations. One of the things she said was this…”The wound is the place the Light enters you.” It was penned by the Persian poet, Rumi. I am not sure when.
 
  Immediately, a cascade of memories poured into my mind; the memories of events that have left me broken and scarred. I was surprised that many of these memories have lost their emotional charge. It was more like looking at photographs of someone else’s family. (Smile.) I don’t think there is any greater way to measure just how much the Lord has healed my soul because, not that long ago, a burst of memories like this would have sent me into a downward spiral.
  As I continued to ponder this incredibly profound word treasure, I remembered. There was One before me who had been wounded unto death so His Light could destroy the darkness in this broken world.
  Gratitude filled my soul. Had I not been broken, I would not know Jesus. Had I not known Jesus, the brokenness would have destroyed me. His Light has enabled me to rise above and beyond the hurts, the shame, the blame, the guilt, the rage. (Smile.) Most of the time anyways. There are still a few scars that have the ability to pull and tug and send lancing pain throughout this child of God.
  But that’s okay because I live under the promise that, one day, Jesus will wipe away every tear and the things of this earth will no longer matter.
  I think that says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...