Wednesday 25 September 2019

On Sparrow's Wings


  “Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” Mathew 6:21

 

  In the midst of running around, there was ample time to get this finished yesterday. I suppose it might help to share what the worries in the background were all about. The first image I drew was all about money which is a key component of the poverty thinking I blogged about the other day. I’ve had time to do some personal reflection that has given me much clarity into why I think this way. The money worries are slowly being infused with trusting God in all things.
  There’s an image of the house, some paint chips, a decision meter that are all connected. I was…let’s be honest…I am still a trifle worried about what will be found under the siding when it is removed from the rest of the outside. But those worries are also connected to the financial end of things.
  My health is the next big issue. Obviously this heart thing is a biggie. It’s still doing the thumpity-thump which is extremely disconcerting when it happens. But, the cardiologist has sent me for the necessary tests to get a clear picture of what is happening. I’ll know more after our appointment in October. In the mean time…
  It’s important for me to lose some weight. And I am! Eating better with regular protein and plenty of veggies has the weight coming off with no real sacrifice. It just goes to show how crappy my eating habits had become. That’s what the image of the bathroom scales are all about.
  I do want to continue reducing one of my meds. I worry about this because it’s one I take to help with anxiety. It’s not much fun cutting it back even a bit because, well, the anxiety goes through the roof for a few weeks. This is going to have to wait until I know more about the heart to make sure it can handle the strain.
  The clock represents the pressure of time. There is much waiting to be done at the house although I can’t start the projects I am responsible for until the contractor finishes their part. Hmmm…excitement feels a lot like worry. I hadn’t realized that before.
  The Bible carrying figures are included because there have been some changes to my home church. We are moving locations and joining up with another group. While any sort of change is stressful, I have to remind myself that being stretched and learning to trust more people is a wonderful thing! So there’s some excitement there, too!
 
  In looking at the picture this morning, I give thanks that by putting down these worries in black and white, I have gained a fresh perspective.
  Thank You, Lord, for helping me identify that many of these worries aren’t exactly worries but are filled to the brim with excitement and anticipation! AMEN!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...