I accomplished a lot yesterday. The floors were vacuumed and mopped, the guest room made ready, and the fish tank got cleaned. Pumkin's toy box is once again full of the knitted mice that had lost themselves under the furniture. He's got quite the collection because it is easier to knit him a new one instead of getting down on hands and knees with a ruler to fish them out.
All in all it was a successful day. All that's left is laundry. It will only take a quick whip around before leaving next Saturday to put things in order. I have a friend who is going to stay here while I am away. She'll be company for the cat and I feel much better having someone here anyways. She sure is a blessing!
I have a few things in mind to help with the claustrophobia on the plane. Unless the Lord has done some miraculous healing, I remember how bad it was coming home last year. This time my seat is reserved nearer to the front which should help. I'll put a small sketch pad in my purse to draw in, one of my favorite grounding tools.
For now, I'll cast this care upon the Lord as well as all the other little worries that accompany travel: weather, driving, lineups, luggage, forgetting something, customs...the baggage of travel.
"Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. But whatever house you enter, first say, "Peace to this house."" Lk 10:4-5
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open....
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment