I continued with my housecleaning yesterday doing jobs that have been set aside for far too long. My kitchen cupboards are wiped out and reorganized. I purged my fridge and cleaned inside. New foil liners now sit under the stove elements. It's not that all this stuff was excessively dirty but it was rather cluttered. There's now a box waiting to go to one of the second hand shops in town. I have no idea why I had three tea pots! It's strange what accumulates over time.
I am thankful my kitchen is tiny because in previous homes all of this would have been a monumental task. Same with the fridge. Living on my own means that most of the time it is rather empty except for a few various jars of jam, pickles and other condiments. It does make cleaning easy!
Later today I'll tackle the pantry cupboard. Closed doors have allowed it to get rather disorganized which surprises me. Oh! Now I know why: this task is usually done in the summer as my garden harvest was preserved and set aside for winter. Not having a garden meant no preserves therefore no organization. It feels strange because in the last thirty years there's always been something set aside except when I didn't have my own place.
I have a feeling there's more things in there for the second hand store as well. It's more than a food pantry. It's storage for other items as well. I forget who told me that living in a small house means when something new is brought in, something has to go. I'm a bit behind on the "Go" part but that's okay. It will all get done.
"But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates." Prov 31:30-31
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open....
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment