There's a lot to be said about exercise and music. After yesterday's blog, I went out to shovel the driveway. We'd had quite the dumping of snow. I put on my iPod so there was something to listen to besides the scrape of the shovel on pavement. It was full of new music that I'd uploaded early last week: good music, the love songs of WWII, some jazz and some worship music.
A couple of my favorite Christmas carols were in a pod cast by an Australian radio station. It was a bit strange to hear the forecast of 33 degrees while looking at snow. I know Christmas is over but hearing "Come Let Us Adore Him" and "Silent Night" beautifully sung filled me with a freshening joy. A joy that had eluded me over the holiday.
It was just as good as going to church.
Once I was inside, I sang along for a while, listening to the carols a couple more times. It was my own little worship service in the warm comfort of my own living room. My spirits rose a little more and I gave thanks for that blessing.
I give thanks this morning for another driveway full of snow and the opportunity to plug in to my iPod before the day gets going. It's already a better day than I've been having lately. Thank You, Lord. Once again, You have set my priorities straight.
"I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord." Ps 104:33-34
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
No comments:
Post a Comment