Monday 20 January 2014

Looking Forward by Susan L.

  The things to do list is getting longer the closer to Saturday I get: packing, hair cut, shopping, making sure the car is ready for my friend by checking windshield washer fluid and the like, organizing someone to clear the driveway if needs be...what else? Picking up a few groceries and cat supplies. And the brakes slam on with a screech. One day at a time, Sue, one day at a time. Everything will get done that needs to be done. Don't get yourself in a tizzy. That won't help.
  First things first. Doctor's appointment this afternoon. Look after the physical. That's the only priority right now.
  Help me, Lord, not get too anxious. Help me stay focused on the tasks at hand as You reveal them one by one. Help me, too, not get overwhelmed by what needs to be done. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
  "Then Jesus lifted up His eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Phillip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?" But this He said to test him, for he Himself knew what He would do." Jn 6:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...