Wednesday 25 May 2022

Featherweight


   “He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.” Ps 91:4-5

 

  I went to a staff meeting yesterday to get the lay of the land about our reopening after the fire. A temporary location has been found. There is much to be done. My part is to make two new signs. One sign is for the temporary location, the other to tell everyone where we are hanging our hats until the repairs have been made to the original building. We hope to be open the first week in June.

  I am still struggling but that’s okay. I told everyone I would help where I could. I can't help but be thankful to work for an organization that is willing to work with limitations.

  Last night was the first night for the Healing Care Group.

  So here’s the thing, I picked up this feather from the side of the driveway earlier in the day. I’d never seen one like it. It’s a wing feather about seven inches long. Definitely doesn’t belong to a song bird.

  I wondered if it was an eagle feather.

  My friend and I had spent quite a while watching a Pileated Woodpecker tackle the rotting tree stump in my neighbour’s front yard; long enough she was able to capture it on video. They are a big bird and usually rather shy. To see one up close, tossing chunks of bark aside as he hunted for crawly delights was amazing. The sun hit his huge, red crest and turned it to fire.

  He eventually flew off, heading south over my driveway, dropping a feather in his passing.

  Thanks to Google, the feather has been confirmed it was his.

  The group was given homework: find an object that depicts what we want to see happen during the group.

  God sent a bird and gave me a feather in exactly the right colour before I even knew I needed it! You see, I am the black part, the colour of grief and mourning. He is the white part, the shaft, the base of the feather that will support me during the next several weeks.

  The feather affirms I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

  I am in awe of everything that had to happen to get it into my hands at exactly the right moment in the entire history of mankind. I am comforted to know God is close beside, behind and in front of this next journey, no matter where it may lead. And peace floods my soul.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 5

   "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." Psalm...